Friday, April 15, 2011

A girl in a dream...




If I have a dream about a girl, if she's the main focus of that dream, usually I know her. This girl was in a dream I had back in high school. I believe I drew this around sophomore year or so. I don't know who she is. I get the feeling that I somehow know her, but at the same time, I don't. Its as though she's a long lost friend from my childhood. Perhaps she is, and my subconscious recognized her somewhere, causing me to dream about her. But I couldn't tell you. It was difficult to draw her from the remnants of dream memory I retained, so the drawing itself is imperfect. I can tell you, though, I couldn't draw the perfection I remember if I tried. I recorded the dream. It is as follows...

In a plain filled with grass as tall as I was, I am knelt down. I hear a voice calling out my name. It is not particularly urgent sounding, nor is it loud at all, yet it is a great distance away. I slowly stood and looked to the West, where the sun was setting. Two seconds later all that was left there was a footprint as I took off towards the voice I could hear and feel. I sprinted, so free, and felt that I was flying at times. I would leap and bound with each step, covering great distances every time. It was as though I could do anything. I chased after that voice because it meant everlasting peace and happiness, and it was familiar. It was comfort. I flew long and hard to get to where I needed to be, when suddenly I came to a stop near a creek. I took a long drink of water, and stood up. I was unsure of where to go next. I looked around, and saw ahead of me a slight hill. The sun was behind it, turning the sky into the most brilliant display of orange and pink. Standing on the horizon was a girl, and I knew she was the source of everything worth living for. I made my way forward through the grass, but felt myself falling, and the black corners of the dream world were closing in. I had to get to her before it was all gone. Only a few yards away, the grass cleared away, and I saw a beautiful, angelic face staring out at me. I could see the tears making their way down each cheek. We locked eyes, and then the world ended.

I woke up not sure if I should be happy or sad. Instead, I began to write. I drew the picture the next day. I think her name was April. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. I have no way of knowing if she is real, or just my desires manifested inside of a dream. I know only one thing. I will never find her again, in this world or that.

No comments:

Post a Comment